Thursday, April 5, 2012

PPA132 Color Challenge




Hello! Welcome to the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge! Our colors are Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip. My photo makes my Certainly Celery look a lot brighter than it is in real life! The photos below show a more true color.

I chose a square card, cutting my Pretty In Pink card stock to 5 x 10" and scoring and folding at 5". I attached a 4-3/4" square piece of Chocolate Chip card stock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Small Dots Texturz Plate. It adds a more subtle texture than the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.

The next layer was a Pretty in Pink print from Flirtatious Specialty designer series paper. This lace print is so feminine!


  • My flower was created by punching Scallop circles from Pretty In Pink and Whisper White. Then I wrinkled them up like I was going to throw them away! I did that a few times, then ran them through my Paper Crimper a few times. At this point, the fibers are broken down and I simply peeled the layers apart. Each Scallop turned into two tissue or fabric-like petals. Then I glued them on top of each other, alternating the scallops and the colors.
  • For the middle of my flower, I used a Certainly Celery heart from the Heart 2 Heart punch. A Whisper White flower from Boho Blossom punch topped with a pink button from Twitterpated Buttons helped me finish the my bloom. I tied a piece of White Baker's Twine in the center of the button.
  • Underneath the flower, I used the 5-Petal punch to create leaves by cutting it into two pieces using Certainly Celery card stock.


Here you can see my sentiment from the Elements of Style stamp set. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White, then punched it out with the 1" Circle punch and matted it with more dotted Chocolate Chip from the Designer Label punch.

Underneath that, I added another Designer Label punched in Pretty In Pink then snipped in half horizontally. I added a half circle of pearls on the top and bottom. A lone pearl decorates the center of the 1" circle. This element is popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals over a Certainly Celery Scallop Trim Border punch.

I'm glad you stopped by to check out my Pals Paper Arts offering. Now it's your turn to use these colors to create and join us!

Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge Card Supplies:
Card Stock: Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Flirtatious Specialty
Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Big Shot: Small Dots Texturz Plate
Punches: 1" Circle, Scallop Circle, 5-Petal, Designer Label, Heart 2 Heart, Boho Blossoms
Embellishments: Basic Pearls, Twitterpated Button, White Baker's Twine
Etc: Paper Crimper
Adhesives: Snail, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals


7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so pretty! Love that big flower!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Patti this is gorgeous and I LOVE your flower. Also like the double matting on the sentiment and look at all those pearls! Who ever is the reciever will be Some lucky person. Happy Easter. Hugs.

Mary Fish said...

luscious flower and i love how you layered the designer label punch! soft and pretty for spring! hugs, m

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely stunning, Patti! The flower is gorgeous, and of course the pearls are perfect touches! I LOVE it!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love the way you used the Flirtatious DSP here! The flower is gorgeous and the pearls are the perfect embellishment!

Naki said...

I really love the soft, feminine look:-) So very pretty!

Terri Orr said...

Love this flower, and the layering of the label punch. Very definitely "spring-y"!