Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday

It's my soldier son's birthday on Saturday, and luckily he is still state-side, so he will get his card! I dreamed up the colors while drifting off to sleep. It was hard to just say Happy Birthday, since he is in the middle of training to go to Iraq, but I wanted to wish him the best anyway. His birthday present went into his bank account for later.

Going Gray was my card base, then I layered it with my own designer paper (Whisper White) stamped with Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay using the Circle Circus stamp set. Down the middle I matted the Going Gray with Night of Navy cardstock and put the Going Gray tag from Birthday Bliss (embossed with clear embossing powder and matted with Bermuda Bay) right in the center. It looked a bit lonely, so I stamped the Circle Circus images two more times using Versa Mark and clear embossing powder.

Ingredients:
Cardstock: Going Gray, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay
Stamps: Birthday Bliss, Circle Circus
Ink: Versa Mark, Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Small and Large Tag punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun

If you are in need of any Stampin' Up! Supplies, please order online with me!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great background Patti! I love your color combination too. Your cards are always perfect!

Enjoy your day!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your son should absolutely love this card!I wish him all the best and a safe journey!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Patti,
I love this card - so underststed yet so expressive. The candles and the sentiment at the say it all for me.
I'm sure your son will love it. May he keep safe.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Melissa said...

I absolutely love the color combo!You have inspired me to do more with my Circle Circus, too!

Mary Fish said...

Excellent masculine/military card. Love how you layered the Circle Circus stamps. Hugs, M