Sunday, January 16, 2011

Light Up My Life


Isn't this sweet? I made a few of these and gave them out already. Two for my nieces--safe for them to have in their room, and one for my hairdresser--also safe to display in her shop.

Each vellum card stock window has the heart stamped in Versamark and embossed with Clear embossing powder. Then I colored over the entire design with a Real Red Stampin' Write marker. I wiped off the excess, which made the color stick only to the unembossed areas. Another option is to leave the embossing clear.

This is my favorite side because I like the grouping of pretty pearls.


I stuck a piece of (retired) Clear Tinsel behind the sentiment for a little sparkle.

I hope you enjoyed my luminaria. I used the same pattern that I got from Mary Fish in this post.



7 comments:

Pam~ said...

Awesome gift and they are soooo cute! Great idea adding a little something different on each side!

Ann Schach said...

Patti, this is an awesome idea! I might need to whip up a few of these, too! I love the pearl side of yours, too!

Linda Callahan said...

These are sweet!

None None said...

Stunning!!! I love this.

Carla said...

Beautiful Patti!!! I love how you used the DSP and having each side different. Fabulous gift idea. Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

How beautiful and what a great gift idea!

Hugs, M

Joanna M said...

These are soo beautiful! How sweet for your nieces! I am sure they just loved them! Hugs, J