Friday, June 19, 2009

Kwerner #55

HOME. That is where any soldier or military member would rather be. However, the life they have chosen is one of sacrifice. Sacrifice of even the simplest things back home. This card was created for a soldier to let him know that he is thought of at home and to thank him for his service and remind him that he is missed!
I participated in the Kwerner Color Inspiration Challenge using the colors Really Rust, More Mustard, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla. All products are Stampin' Up including the vintage brads in the center of the stars. I used the stamp set Well Worn Alphabet dipped in Basic Gray ink for the sentiment. I also textured my Really Rust mat by using Stampin' Up's Texturz Plates and running it through the Big Shot. Easy! Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Kara said...

Great job! Love those large letters!
Kara

Britta Swiderski said...

Cute! This would be a great use for all of those foam stamps I have sitting around. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Ann Schach said...

Patti, this is wonderful! I love what your card represents. You did a beautiful job!

Sue said...

ohhh...I miss that alphabet set! :-)
Really nice..TFS

Melissa said...

Love those colors together!

I also love the changes with your page! You have inspired me to do something different!

Ronni said...

Great job!

Mary Fish said...

Wonderful sentiment and motivation, too. The stars are just the right touch and the color combo is very intriguing. Love it.

Hugs, Mary

Karen said...

I love the simple design to showcase a sentiment that we've all felt before and someone who is away from home for an extended time, like a soldier abroad, feels. :>

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun dry embossing and star accents. Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Traveling Mama said...

This is awesome! I'm sure it will mean a great deal to the recipient. Our soldiers really need our support!